Ministry: The Ministry of Welcome
Opportunity: Worship Host for in-house worship at 9:00 or 11:00
Time: Sunday Mornings 8:45 – 10:30 or 10:45-12:30
Description: The Worship Host seats guests in the Worship Space and helps create a warm and welcoming environment.
Qualifications: Have a heart for welcome and a spirit of hospitality. It is our greatest desire to help people feel welcomed and at home in our community.
Ministry Leader: Heather Hill, Administrative Pastor
Team Leader: Krista LaCroix, Lead Worship Host,
- Attend occasional Ministry of Welcome team meetings to be inspired and trained!
- Host one Sunday a month or be available every Sunday for one month out of the year – whatever works best for you!
- Arrive to host 15 minutes before worship starts.
- Remain at the door until 15 minutes after the service starts.
- Know where empty seats are and be available to walk folks to their seats.
- Close the main worship space door 10 minutes after worship starts
- Count and record attendance..
- Return to the door after the service ends to prop open the doors for folks as they leave.
- Be focused on the important role of greeting and hosting our guests. That means it is important to keep conversations short and avoid greeting friends and until after worship. Always keep an eye out for the newcomer.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this opportunity to help create an atmosphere of welcome at our church. Your service fills a great need in our community and we are grateful to God for you.