KidCity is …
Fun stuff for kids
Here in KidCity, we desire for every child to know who they are and who’s they are – beloved children of God – and to hunger to know, passionately love, and boldly live for our God and King in return. We feel honored to come alongside your family as your children find their identity in Christ and are inspired to live out the way of Jesus. Our desire is to provide a safe, loving, and fun learning environment for your child to begin and grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Temperatures are checked at our KidCity entrance. If a child is running a temp of 100 or higher, parents will be asked to take their child home and care for them there.
- Masks are worn in KidCity by both children and volunteers ages 3-years and up. We have some kid-sized surgical masks at the door for those who need one! We do provide mask breaks in the hallway when children are in need of one.
- We have limited the amount of people in our rooms to 10 people – always 2 volunteers and 8 or less children.
- We are incorporating the use of hula hoops, sit spots, groups of 4 or 5, and changing the layout of our rooms to help practice physical distancing.
- Snack is not being served in KidCity at this time.
We currently have KidCity Worship during 11 am worship for children birth to 5th grade. Sunday, September 6th marks the start of our new Sunday morning curriculum in KidCity – Dig In! This Fall, we are learning all about who God is and what he is like … our Creator, our Father, our friend.
KidCity is discipleship for children:
- Nursery: 0-2 years old
- Pre-K: 3-5 years old *children must be potty trained before moving up to Pre-K class*
- Young Elementary: grades K-2nd
- Older Elementary: grades 3rd-5th
We aim to make every piece of KidCity fun and exciting – from games, to Bible stories, to small groups – because life with God is both of those and much more! Through age and developmentally appropriate lessons and activities, we seek to plant seeds of the Gospel in ways they can understand and that will stick with them.
Our Sunday mornings involve worship, Bible stories, community building, creative crafts and activities, scripture memory, and fun!
Wednesday nights in KidCity are for Awana – a fun and engaging discipleship program for children 3-years through 5th grade. Children participate in Bible discovery, Bible memory, games, worship, community building, and small group discussions. Awana coincides with our Epic Student Ministry and adult Lifegroups that meet on Wednesday nights.
We desire for every child to feel safe and loved while having fun and learning about God’s love for us! For families who may have a child with special needs, we offer Exceptional Buddies – exceptionally trained volunteers who can work one-on-one with your child while in KidCity as needed. Please let us know if this is for you.
First time here?
We want your first time to be as smooth as possible. You can register your child ahead of time HERE or complete a registration form when you arrive. We can’t wait to meet your family!
Our check-in station is located just inside our children’s ministry wing doors. Check-in opens 15-minutes before Sunday services (8:45am and 10:45am) and 10-minutes before Wednesday night programs (5:50pm).
When you arrive, one of our awesome KidCity volunteers will help you with the check-in process. You and your child will be given matching identification stickers that are exclusive to your family and your visit. These stickers will be matched at check-out time. If someone other than you will be picking up your child, please mention this at the check-in counter at the time of check-in.
Our children’s ministry is about so much more than providing childcare during Sunday worship and Wednesday LifeGroups – it is worship service where our youngest members become the Body of Christ and encounter God.
Our amazing team of volunteers ensure each child feels safe, known, and loved while learning the good news of God’s Word. Our KidCity team members are Safe Sanctuary trained (our Child Safety Policy & Practices), background checked, CPR certified, and kid-confident.
If you would like to be a part of our KidCity ministry team, please contact Jenni Grace for more information.
Director of Family and Children’s Discipleship