Parking Lot Greeter
The Ministry of Welcome
Opportunity: Parking Lot Greeter for 9:00 or 11:00 Worship
Time: Sunday Mornings 8:45 – 9:15 am OR 10:45 – 11:15 am:
Location: Mosaic’s main entrance
Description: Help create a warm and welcoming environment for new guests from their car to the front door.
Qualifications: Have a heart for welcome and a spirit of hospitality. It is our greatest desire to help people feel welcomed and at home in our community. You will be the first person a newcomer sees when they come to visit. It is best to maintain a neat appearance, be ready with a warm smile, and have a friendly disposition.
Ministry Leader: Heather Hill, Administrative Pastor
Team Leader: Parking Lot Welcome Leader, Steve Moore
- Attend a Hospitality Team meeting to be inspired and trained!
- Greet one Sunday a month or be available every Sunday for one month out of the year – whatever works best for you!
- Arrive at Mosaic 15 minutes before service starts and stay at your post until 15 minutes after the service starts.
- Be focused on the important role of greeting our guests. That means it is important to keep conversations short and avoid greeting friends and until after worship..
- Be willing to look for people to join our team. In other words, always look for someone else to serve with you.
- Be ready with an umbrella on rainy days to help folks stay dry on their way inside.
Basic tips for healthy greeting:
- It is best to keep your greeting simple. “Good morning! Welcome to Mosaic” is all it takes to greet well.
- We want to avoid blocking the way inside with lengthy conversation. Simply offer your best greeting and guide folks to the front door where they will be met by a Greeter.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this opportunity to help create an atmosphere of welcome at our church. Your service fills a great need in our community and we are grateful to God for you.