KidCity Backup Team
Opportunity: KidCity Backup Team
Service Time: as needed to support our regularly scheduled volunteer team.
Description: Maybe you are ready to serve in KidCity, but aren’t able to commit to a monthly team rotation. As a member of the KidCity Backup Team, you would only need to serve if someone else has to cancel – maybe a team member is sick or has a family emergency, you would step into their role for the day, whether that be as a Bible Storyteller, Small Group Leader, or Nursery Volunteers. A gifted Backup Team Member is a friend and model of Christ’s love for our kids. Leaders ask questions, take kids seriously, and share concerns, needs, and joys. It’s important to be prepared to discuss Bible stories and scripture passages for the day, answer questions, and redirect behavior.
- Heart for discipleship and care of children and families.
- Warm and caring heart, can be a friend and source of encouragement, and listening ears.
- Can attend KidCity team meetings quarterly (4 meetings a year).
- Safe Sanctuaries training and background check clearance.
- Willingness to grow and develop as a leader.
Reports to: Jennifer Grace, Family and Children’s Pastor